Rise of the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of the Rebellion is a Neverwinter Nights server dedicated to providing an intense, serious roleplaying experience for all Star Wars fanatics and newbies alike. Join the Empire, or fight for the Rebellion!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server Down?

Go down 
+14
wildnelada
Inviktus
Greyfort
Wids
xephnin
Vitiosus Phasmatis
DM Honey Badger
PhoenixVirus
DM Dark Matter
Galith
Bluebeard
Rasma
Zebora
MistressBria
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

Server Down? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 am

It's back up now. Just look for the first server or two under the Role Play tab.
Back to top Go down
Inviktus
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 am

I don't see it. If you know the IP please post it.
Back to top Go down
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Try 69.134.169.216:5121
Back to top Go down
Inviktus
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:31 am

Wids wrote:
Try 69.134.169.216:5121
Excellent, that worked!
Back to top Go down
wildnelada
Recruit
Recruit
wildnelada

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Uhm... server back up but the two times I checked it was empty. Where's people?
Back to top Go down
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:01 am

Right now? Getting food. See you in the morning!
Back to top Go down
Rasma
Recruit
Recruit
Rasma

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 am

Eh I pop around sometimes usually not long it gets boring since no one else ever shows up.
Back to top Go down
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 am

Taking a step back on topic for a bit: the server's down. :-(
Back to top Go down
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:04 am

...and the server's back up.

Thanks for making me look like a liar, server. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Rasma
Recruit
Recruit
Rasma

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 am

it sometimes does that when it resets, disappears for a little, or quix caught it sooner rather then later.
Back to top Go down
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 am

If Quix is still around, does that mean that we can start sending him our player-made content again? :-)
Back to top Go down
Vitiosus Phasmatis
Recruit
Recruit
Vitiosus Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:39 am

No.
Because our issues with updating the module stemmed with the absolute lack of contact with Quix.

He keeps the module running, but has no contact with any of the staff, and has not for quite some time now. You have better luck finding a new server, integrating yourself into the playerbase and then requesting player-made content to be added; then you do getting a response from Quix within the next five years.
Back to top Go down
http://life404.net
Wids
Recruit
Recruit
Wids

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 am

...and yet, other servers are not this server.

Any idea what might have sent Quix off to Neverland in the first place?
Back to top Go down
DM Dark Matter
Recruit
Recruit
DM Dark Matter

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 pm

My thoughts are that he's off busy with real life and really has no more interest with this server. Viti is absolutely right in what he stated. We tried for months to get ahold of Quix because we had finished ALL the new content that was to go in. Eventually, the server began dying again, and we got fed up with waiting and left, ourselves. Unsure if I ever really will return to RotR. With the number of times it has died in the past, and how bad the death is now, I don't think it's ever really going to see a consistent playerbase. Especially since, now, we will likely never have new content to work with.

The entire team is gone, almost all the players have moved on, no new content seen in the distant future. I regret to say, as much as I love this server and like to hope it will live again...

Rise of the Rebellion is dead. It's likely best to just move on to somewhere else, as Viti said, to have fun. There are still plenty of other servers out there. While I know that they aren't this server, they are still more likely for you to have fun, than here. Active DM teams, active players, active plots, etc. Seek other servers. Don't waste time on this one. If you need a suggestion, this is the best one I can think of, right now:

Zombie Survival: Reclamation

This server has a HIGHLY active DM team and playerbase. In fact, many of us from here, are playing or DMing on there. Usually see about 10-20 people online, at varying times of the day. Level 4 cap so the undead hordes are actually frightening. New areas are CONSTANTLY being built. New content (mainly scripts) is constantly being worked on. Take my opinion that this server is an absolute blast for all of you zombie survivalists (or even just people who'd like a challenge). The setting is also semi-custom, as it is the usual setting that is used in zombie survivals, now, on NWN. Takes place on the Sirandan Isles, off the coast of the Sword Coast in Forgotten Realms. The /absolute original/ module is that of the old Dark Hour mod. However, it has undergone heavy changes to form into our own place. Here is the forum link:
Back to top Go down
Rasma
Recruit
Recruit
Rasma

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 am

So rather then find a new host or fix this server the answer is to give up and goto another server with same/similar staff members?
I think I will pass myself, anyways who is still interested in this server?
Back to top Go down
Vitiosus Phasmatis
Recruit
Recruit
Vitiosus Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:58 am

1. "Fix this server"

Let's get to the nitty gritty here: The player base is non-existent beyond the handful of regulars who can't let go, sit on this forum waiting for something to happen (It won't).
The module is out of date and has no development to be provided.
Many of the fixes we have, cannot be applied BECAUSE our host has zero involvement in the module beyond pressing the fancy reboot button.

2. "Find a new host"

The current host keeps the server running, day in and out and has done so for quite some time. He has provided as much uptime as possible. For what? Nothing but our gratitude. It is simply rude to up and leave, move to a different host and attempt to reboot the server there.

To top that off - It won't stop it from being run by Quix anyways. What I provided as an alternative (move the fuck on to something else), is quite frankly - your best option to find roleplay enjoyment in Neverwinter Nights. Nobody is going to give you the necessary scripts, or haks to reboot this server.

And nobody is going to come save you from the stagnation which has constantly plagued this server.
Back to top Go down
http://life404.net
ProffessionalPervert
Recruit
Recruit
ProffessionalPervert

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 am

Been here since day one, invested (Read: Fucking wasted) all this time in the one character and enjoyed it during the good days we had.

After four long years, this will most likely be my last forum post ever here, and as I type these words, I find that strangely, I don't give a single god damn shit anymore.

I can only hope that the last, final rant that follows will leave every fucking thing transparently clear and will clear up any misunderstandings between myself, and the sad, pathetic, idiotic little pricks that have ABSOLOUTLEY FUCKING DESTROYED what could of otherwise been a brilliant piece of NWN history.

No point arguing it kiddos, this place is as dead as JFK and it aint comming back this time. We had our last chance, -we- fucked it up, learn the lesson, move on and for fucks sake don't fucking do it again to whatever server you mob of self entitled -fucking losers- move on to.

We've had what, how many fucking chances of getting our collective shit together? Only to have the cycle rinse and repeat?

Only to have the same fucking arrogant cunts do the same stupid shit again and again.

You people are the biggest bunch of whinging, useless, bitching players I've ever encountered and with a few exceptions aside, I hope you all go die in a fire.

Kindest, loving regards.

Pat.

PS: Zebora and Tran can go suck a fat dick.

Back to top Go down
star23_16
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I sadly expected this much myself. RoTR always had a repeating circle of boom and death. Because of that i could not really bring myself to toss everything in my hand and get on every day. It was in the back of my head that it would be a waste of effort.

One of the many problem beside that nwn 1 is old often is lack of understanding and be willing respect everyone else. Between players, between Staff and player and some times even between Staff themself. As ProffessionalPervert so frankly put it, 'fucking arrogant cunts do the same stupid shit again and again.'.
I am old Rper now and often more put myself in the causal shelf type of Rper. I have my pet peeves like anyone else but often i need to pushed alot before i do something silly. I had my fault and that through time but the main thing is i try often to remember everyone is different and like different things, on any server we speak about 10 to as insane as 40 players. That alot of difference really. If i had gotten money each time i seen crap happen through out nwn 1 and nwn 2 server history i be rich.

Be all from Staff who gave a shit about players to players that either was arrogant and abusive oocly to players that was lore fanatic to the point they smack you with the book just you said something not fully lore fitting, and people who more tried to ruin the fun and think a RP server was WoW mentality in pvp and had no consideration on other players feelings and that they was mostly there to RP.

Anyway bottom line it often is the same crap happening on any servers that chase off people and generate Ooc annoyances.

As for RoTR itself i had before left thanks to viewing and having such thing smacked in my face but after the lastest reform and viewing the updates being worked on i gave it a shot more here. Which i general dont regret either. The Problem that happened here is both common to me and still unique, it unique in the fact the host is not in contact with the staff from what i read here. It surprises me why the server still is running then if the host cant be contacted. Working on a server mean communication between staff as in DMs, builders, scripter and host. Though i will say my meaning on this a little later on.

Foremost i want to put time aside to say this; When i first saw RotR and all the customization done to Nwn 1 i was in awe, utterly awe. It was my first time actually seeing a module with sci-fi ideas and by gods there was some unique ideas going on. The Space Travel idea, the means to call other characters Icly. The animation and scripting work done to things. Last but not least it was Star Wars server, also something i had not seen before at that time and let be frank once more. It one of the Rare type of servers. There been like 2-3 max i seen atlest. RotR is a gem among Nwn 1 module and server history really. This server turn and twisted basic Nwn 1 into something completely different. I cant really praise the work done here enough because i really believed this mod held so much promise. Though maybe that time is over, this server and most that tries to rely on player factions and having enough players to make it run around will struggle. With three faction this server needed basicly 15 people on average and more to make it run around smooth, that also mean DMs to run stuff for each side. That alot of people for a single server in this aging game sadly.

I find it a real shame to think RotR is going to die out because of all this. I had my crappy moment here but more importantly i had some very nice time here too. Somewhere i really hope a new host can be found, someone who have the will and energy to do it. If the current host had given up on this and Nwn 1 i dont see why they would be against giving over the mod and scripts to someone who was willing. It just mean the current host can finaly pull the plug and not have the expenses for running this place and walk away. Sure it might be their work but if not used anymore or caring ?..what the deal then, not like this some company made game that could give money and copy rights mean alot.

Sadly i cant do more then just talking here but even if this was not to happen i want to say my thanks to Everyone for the good times.

Back to top Go down
Rasma
Recruit
Recruit
Rasma

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:44 am

Eh finding a new host isnt hard, and the fact you gu Shut up Rasma. Nobody asked you a god damned thing.ys are all so obsessed over quix being the host is the reason the server died every time people asked why are there no updates it was 'They are done but we can't get a hold of quix' then you turn around and act like it would be rude to relive the whole having to host the server from him.

Anyways if no one is willing to put effort in then the entire thing is moot.

Back to top Go down
DM Dark Matter
Recruit
Recruit
DM Dark Matter

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm

The point is this:

- We couldn't get ahold of Quix. Period.
-This means we also couldn't get access to /any/ of the scripts that lay outside the module (meaning the NWNX scripts that run most of the server)
-We couldn't add in any of the new haks
-Overall we couldn't get /anything/ in the end

Finding a new host is easy and all, sure. But you can't have someone to host it if you really have nothing to host. It's that simple. We stuck out for a very long time, trying to get this stuff. Even reached a point where we just wanted to go for a new host, as well. But the lack of contact with Quix, regarding the server, led to its death. Through this same thing is also why it's never coming back. The server is still being hosted for those who linger to play. That's all good. If you like to play it, have fun. =) But we're just trying to make it clear that we did try, very hard, and for a long time before we left. Unless someone can magically get ahold of Quix, get ahold of ALL of the files relating to the server, find someone willing and capable of newly hosting, then there's nothing more that can be done for this server.

I offered up that link, above, to those who would be interested. It's always nice to have a place to play. I know people are getting out of NWN, sure. But those who still love to play it, I wished to show that there are still good servers out there. Why beat the skeleton of a dead horse, in hopes it wakes up? Because that's what this server is, now. We all had a good run on everything, but as bad as it is to say, it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Darko
Recruit
Recruit
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am

CAAAARRRRYYY OOOONNNN MY WAAAAAYWAAARRRRRD SOOOOOON!

THERE'LL BE PEAAAAACE WHEN YOU ARE DOOOOONEEEE!

LAY YOUR WEAAAAAAARY HEAD TO REEEEEEEST!

DON'T 'CHU CRY NOOOOO MOOOOOORE!

Server Down? - Page 2 1328073446609

Back to top Go down
Zebora
Recruit
Recruit
Zebora

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:54 pm

I've absolutely no clue what I did to PP. But I'll let that slide, for now.

It's understandable the server went belly up because of the host, aaaand I also don't expect it to come back anytime soon. This server was unique. It had potential, and to be frank, it was the only Star Wars server on Neverwinter Nights that had any potential in terms of realism. But in the end, the fact is, we haven't had enough new content to attract new players, and all of our old players were like excited particles bouncing off of eachother and into other objects. We'd rub, and irritate eachother constantly, and to be honest, we didn't have any kind of dynamic going on. It's literally the playerbase that killed off the server, at this point, the fact you couldn't get ahold of the host just complicated it.

I appreciated the time while I was here, and hey, if it ever comes back, I'll be the first to show up. But I think it's time I let this server go for a while, and move on to other projects. I might check in from time to time on the Forums, though.

It's been a good one, folks.
Back to top Go down
Dont Daze Me Bro
Recruit
Recruit
Dont Daze Me Bro

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 pm

My boy Blue said it best.

Squasher The Wise Sage wrote:
Even if cussing them did work or even if we persuaded them, 0 x 10 is still 0. Understandably to those of us above the age of 14's with lives, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, uni, work etc. etc., pouring hours upon hours working on a non-profit game for the love of it wears thin. Especially pouring those hours into a dying game that, give it 5 years and what will they have to show for it? 0/40, the same thing we've had the past year. If it's even still up. Why not use those valuable hours doing something more productive? The server's too far gone to fix and requires too much time and effort to maintain and DM. There comes a point where DMing is more of a chore than entertaining; the dying playerbase and the actual quality of some of these players is just making it worse. The amount of fights and hate on these forums is insane sometimes, guys, lighten up and realise at the end of a day, it's just a game. Taking it so seriously kind of contradicts the purpose of a game; fun. And this game, for me, is simply not fun anymore. I love RotR and I loved NWN, but I think it's time to give it up for good.

I love this server as much as the next guy, but I've accepted the fact that it's dead. I'd love to see Quix resurrect the server, or someone else begin hosting. I'd love to see the new haks in effect.. But I think it's over for RotR.

If the DMs can prove me wrong, great! All power to em!

But I'm not asking for or expecting any favours.

It's not happening, and it's long past time to move on.

We can blame Quix all we want, but he was just ahead of the curve. It doesn't change the fact that even with an active host, this place would still be impossible to save. It's everyone's fault. Nothing has ever worked mechanically, we've never ran the staff well or had good leadership and DMs, the roleplay culture has always been weak, and the playerbase has always been dominated by whiny shits and their attention whore dramaforum adversaries.

It's been dying in every respect for four years and has finally fallen over. Let it go with dignity.

I'll go further and say that NwN itself is not worth investing any more time in. It once offered the most powerful platform for world creation and roleplay on the market, but the playerbase is a fucking joke and that potential is gone. If you take any roleplay server you can think of and just scratch off the surface layer, you'll probably find that it's nothing more than a cybersex fetish simulator. Cybersex players are an invasive species on Neverwinter Nights. Only those fuckers won the war two years ago and we all know it. It's why, deep down, you always hesitate to open that locked inn door on [Insert Generic FRC/Amia/Arelith PW here]. You know what's in there.

You can either have furries, elven mesbians, and all forms of cybersex freaks dressing themselves as "roleplayers", or you can have the assholes like me that grief them. Take your fucking pick. Make no mistake, that bullshit was all over RoTR.

The last NwN project I saw that was worth a damn was Border Kingdoms. It's an ambitious attempt at creating an exclusively player driven, craftable natural resources based server with permanent death, low magic, and heavy kingdom politicking. It had outstanding results at first and really providing something special. It just didn't give me enough reason to stay on a game so past its golden age, but it was the best roleplay I've ever seen or participated in on Neverwinter Nights hands down, and the only NwN project I can recommend without vomiting in my mouth a little. You can follow Dark Matter's zombie plug if you want to, but the zombie survival scene has always blurred the line between "Survival Roleplay" and "Drow-Lesbian-Fucking-Halfling-Lesbian-In-A-Bondage-Dungeon-With-Some-Zombies-On-The-Side Roleplay".

I, on the other hand, vigorously recommend finding your closest "roleplay" server, griefing the shit out of it, and then making the intelligent choice of leaving Neverwinter Nights forever. It's your gaming civic duty; kinda like voting.

Again, take your pick.

TL;DR

RoTR is not coming back. This thing needs to be put to rest, along with Neverwinter Nights in general. Play other games. I suggest Guild Wars 2. Get into the World Versus World scene and join RUIN Gaming on the server Eredon Terrace for massive scale siege/warfare PvP.

Game on!
(Just not here)

Back to top Go down
Dont Daze Me Bro
Recruit
Recruit
Dont Daze Me Bro

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:54 am

Oh, I have one last public service announcement. This is something that every rational, intelligent, clear-minded member of the RoTR community has been thinking for years, and hopefully reading this will bring them some catharsis.

Fuck every dedicated Imperial player in the history of this server. You rejects were the most petulant, whiny, useless brats any gaming community has ever had the burden of containing.

We've all been thinking it for FOUR YEARS.

Cheers,
Daze
Back to top Go down
Bluebeard
Dungeon Master
Bluebeard

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Darko wrote:
CAAAARRRRYYY OOOONNNN MY WAAAAAYWAAARRRRRD SOOOOOON!

THERE'LL BE PEAAAAACE WHEN YOU ARE DOOOOONEEEE!

LAY YOUR WEAAAAAAARY HEAD TO REEEEEEEST!

DON'T 'CHU CRY NOOOOO MOOOOOORE!

Server Down? - Page 2 1328073446609

MGS meets Kansas? This is your brightest moment Darko.

I had heaps of fun on this server, I'm sad to see it absolutely dead and gone for good. Thanks everyone for your time, your role play, everything. We're sorry that in the end, we couldn't deliver.

Also Daze, we had Shepard, he was a beautiful Imperial... But that's literally the only one I can think of, haha.
I'll see you cats around ♥
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Down?   Server Down? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Down?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next